Homemade pecan turtle candy that’s sugar-free and low carb? Oh baby! These delicious keto caramel pecan clusters are a truly special treat. Be ready to fight with your loved ones for the last of them!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Chill time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 24 candies
- Calories: 242kcal
- 6 tbsp Swerve Brown
- 3 tbsp Bocha Sweet (or allulose or xylitol)
- 5 tbsp butter divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 4 ounces sugar free dark chocolate chopped
- More sea salt for sprinkling, if desired
FREE KETO SWEETS COOKBOOK – CRAVING SOLUTION
I’M FOLLOWING THIS COOKBOOK TO MAKE COOKIES, CRACKERS ICE-CREAMS, DESSERTS, FAT BOMBS, CHEESECAKES, SNACKS, AND LOTS OF YUMMY & HEALTHY RECIPES.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sweeteners and 4 tablespoons of the butter. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and add the cream. The mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Return the mixture to heat and bring back to a boil. Boil 3 minutes, watching carefully. Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk to combine. Whisk in the salt. Let the caramel cool until thickened but still pourable, about 1 hour
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Spread the pecans out on the mat in a single later and bake 7 to 10 minutes, until toasted. Arrange the pecans in clusters of 3 or 4, making about 20 to 24 clusters.
- Drizzle a few teaspoons of caramel over each pecan cluster, making sure some caramel is touching each of the pecans. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer to set the caramel.
- In a small bowl set over a bowl of barely simmering water, combine the chocolate and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted and smooth, then drizzle over the chilled clusters.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired, and let set.
Serving: 2turtles | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.6g | Protein: 2.4g | Fat: 23.9g |
Leave a Reply