This garlic butter chicken is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Garlic butter chicken is delicious with its side of zucchini cooked straight in the same pan for easy cleanup. You’ll ❤️ the flavors!
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally
2 to 3 medium-sized zucchini, diced (or more)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon Cayenne
1 teaspoon instant chicken stock, optional
1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Fresh parsley, optional
1/2 lemon, optional
FREE KETO SWEETS COOKBOOK – CRAVING SOLUTION
I’m following this cookbook to make Cookies, Crackers Ice-creams, desserts, fat bombs, cheesecakes, snacks, and lots of yummy & healthy recipes.
1. To make the garlic butter chicken breasts: Place the chicken breasts on a shallow plate. Rub olive oil on the chicken breasts.
2. In a small bowl add the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, thyme, turmeric, fennel, ginger, paprika, salt, and pepper (you can also use this chicken dry rub or the 21 salute seasoning blend from Trader’s Joe). Rub the spices thoroughly on each side of the chicken breasts.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook chicken breast on both sides, until internal temperature reads 165ºF (74ºC) on an instant-read thermometer, approx. 15 minutes total. Remove chicken breasts to a plate and keep warm.
4. Add the diced zucchini to the same pan and season with salt, pepper, and red chili pepper flakes (if using), add a bit of oil if necessary. Saute zucchini for 3-4 minutes over medium-low, then deglaze with chicken stock and a splash of lemon juice. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Cook zucchini with the sauce for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sauce has reduced a bit and zucchini are tender.
5. Push sauteed zucchini on the side and add the cooked chicken back to the pan to reheat a little and coat with the butter sauce. Serve the chicken and sauteed zucchini garnished with lemon slices, and fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy! ❤️
Leave a Reply