This Buttery Roasted Cauliflower is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that is perfect for holiday gatherings. It’s low-carb, keto-friendly, nut-free, gluten-free, and can be made and served in just 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Yield: 4 servings 1x Category: Side Dish Method: Bake Cuisine: American Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 cups (960mL) unsalted chicken stock, or more, enough to cover cauliflower
- 1 small head of cauliflower (~17 oz), rinsed, patted dry
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (3 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (30g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
I LOST 48 POUNDS IN 4 MONTHS
This has helped me to be more consistent with my diet. After a stall in the whole month of April, I’m back like I never left.
I AM FOLLOWING 6 MONTHS PERSONALIZED FAT BURNING KETO MEAL PLAN
- Arrange oven rack on middle rack and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Meanwhile, using a knife, cut off bottom of cauliflower and remove any leaves. Do not break cauliflower apart. Transfer cauliflower to pot of stock and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer cauliflower from pot to 8×8-inch baking pan. Spoon some chicken stock atop cauliflower, drizzle on melted butter, then sprinkle on grated Parmesan, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bake until cauliflower is golden, about 9-10 minutes, basting with cooking juice halfway through. Then, move pan to highest oven rack, turn on oven broiler, and broil for additional 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Remove pan from oven, drizzle on cooking juice, and serve.
Unsalted Chicken Stock Substitution: Vegetable stock or beef stock will work great here. Either can be subbed in for chicken stock at a 1:1 ratio.
Dried Thyme Substitution: Chopped fresh thyme would work well here. You also have the option of subbing in ground thyme or dried rosemary.
Unsalted Butter Substitution: If you only have salted butter, that will work fine; I would just suggest to then decrease or altogether omit the added salt that the recipe calls for. If you don’t want to or can’t use butter, ghee would be your best substitution option here and it will lessen the overall amount of lactose in the recipe. Using ghee will ensure the butter flavor is still apparent in the final dish, though, butter will obviously be the best choice for the buttery flavor the original recipe intended.
Grated Parmesan Cheese Substitution: Shredded Parmesan cheese will work perfectly here. You can also use Pecorino Romano cheese in place of grated Parmesan.
Net Carbs: Per serving, this cauliflower bake contains 3.6 grams of net carbs. The recipe, as written, yields 4 servings. Net carbs are calculated by taking total carbs, subtracting fiber, and subtracting sugar alcohols.
Refrigerator Storage: Store cooked and cooled cauliflower in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating Instructions: Reheat in the oven at 400 degrees until warmed throughout.