Garlic Parmesan Roasted zucchini recipe is way too good to pass up as an easy zucchini side dish. Make this baked zucchini recipe a fun way to enjoy healthy veggies for dinner!
YIELD:4 SERVINGSPREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 30 MIN
3 or 4 medium-sized zucchini, thoroughly washed
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup parmesan
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic (or garlic powder)
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
UHM… Okay keto, I see you! I took a huge leap and started keto. I admit that I was one of those people that said keto was bad for you, But here I am 17 weeks later and I’ve been proved 100% wrong. It doesn’t feel unhealthy at all! I eat tons of protein, veggies and healthy fats, what’s bad about that?! I did the keto guide 6 months challenge cause my sister has also been doing it this last year. I really liked it, down 49 pounds. Sorry for hating on the keto diet, it’s so true that you don’t know until you know!
1. To make the roasted zucchini: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°F).
2. Cut a thin lengthwise slice off the bottom of each zucchini to make them more stable. Place 2 chopsticks on opposite long sides of 1 zucchini on your cutting board. Cut zucchini crosswise into thin slices, stopping when your knife hits the chopsticks. Repeat with remaining zucchinis.
3. Transfer the zucchinis to a baking dish. Pour melted butter on top of zucchinis and brush to coat in between the slices.
4. In a shallow plate or bowl, combine parmesan, black pepper, minced garlic, paprika, salt, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle and rub the mixture over the zucchinis and between the slices to coat them completely. The zucchini will curb because of the stuffing between the slices, but it will get back to its original shape while baking.
5. Bake the zucchinis in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until crisp, golden and cooked through. Sprinkle the garlic parmesan roasted zucchini with chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!